Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sailing Home

My love sails to your heart
through turbulent seas more turbulent
than any moment in time;
& over waters deeper than any feelings
for you or lovers past.

The colours of my voyage reflect the
colours of my mind & my life.
The colours of our love reflect
in a mirror of sea.

You look at me with ocean eyes –
full of unknown landscapes that are
separated by mountains, like the way
the deserts are separated by seas.

I sail to you, my heart abreast the tideline,
the knots between us narrow.
Will you be there, waiting for my ship?
Will you see my mast on the horizon,
erect on the water that summons your love?

My white flag waves in the salty air;
& I give into your love & your ocean eyes.
Your love beckons to me,
cautioning me against sailing into the rocks.

I sail to you through black oceans,
turbulent moments & forbidden landscapes.
I know that the next time I board,
I will board onto you like calm waters;
your love rocking me gently with the
waving liquids in my channel.

This is what sailing home will be.
To my one true love that waits
for the end of my voyage;
carrying my love in open hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment