Friday, November 26, 2010

Allow me to Introduce Myself...

Hello dear readers,

I have often been told that I should be publishing my poetry. It's not that the world needs another "poet" (does anyone other than myself buy poetry books anymore?) Anyways, as an alternative to 'traditional' publishing (and maybe I'm too busy or crazy or working on my next poetic creation to bother) I surmised that this could be a venue to release my work to those that could care less.

So firstly, my poetry isn't just "poetry." I would imagine that by the title of this blog you have figured out at least that my poetry isn't about sunsets or the environment or a sailing boat...unless it was in context of some great shagging under a sunset, out in the open, or on a boat. Context dear reader, it's all about context. It's made up of what I like to call "The Good Stuff." The first poetry reading I went to was a smallish art gallery that had an open mic. I showed up, two crinkled love poems shoved deep in my coat pocket. When it was my turn, after others had read about the estuary and the migrating geese, I stood up and read about a torrid love affair that resulted in thread-bare bed sheets. Sigh. The two little old ladies in the front row blushed slightly and giggled around the cookies and tea after quietly discussing the verse they enjoyed the most.

So I will post my poems on this blog and from time-to-time even write some prose on here although I tend to write my ramblings in my tattered notebook entitled "Poetry" on the cover. And, because I like to talk and write in general, I'll take the opportunity to just ramble on about whatever I damn well feel like.

So the thing I like about poetry is that the reader can apply it to their own unique situation. The imagination is such a great thing, if you let it run loose every once and awhile. Some of my poems are pure figments of imagination and pure First Class bullshit. Others are true accounts of some down and dirty poetry-inspiring fucking. Although, I don't use the word "fucking" or "pubic" or other vulgar words in the Poems. I consider these words "short cuts" for describing what is/has occurred to inspire said poetry. Really, there are many more words to describe a fantabulous shag than the word "fuck" when it comes to writing "love poetry." Maybe I need to be re-inspired and re-consider the use of this multi-tasking and direct-to-the-point word.

Enjoy, L

No comments:

Post a Comment