Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lost Love

I return to you – as I always do –
you are never far from my mind.
Although time has passed
& distance separates us,
it is always you.

Sometimes I wonder about why
we are not together – the way we should be –
do we deserve our love?
Will we be the love affair
without the ever-after?

When will I see you again?
Kiss me as if I never left with
suitcase in hand.
Kiss me when I arrive as if we
know that I will soon leave you again –
another unknown amount of time
& distance awaits us.

Touch me as if I were the one & only thing
that gives you purpose
& desire.
Touch me with your passionate hands –
Touch me with your passionate mind.
Engulf me with your eyes.

Make me sweat
in anticipation of your love.
Make me believe you are the only
one for me.
Make me never want to leave your side.
Don’t let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment