Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Burgundy Sheets

We meet in the early morning hours
between sheets the colour of wine.
I hold you close
& I know that you are mine.

I slip into your room,
I know it well even though it is dark.
You awake silently as I slip off
my clothes & press my cool skin
against your warmth.

You awaken to my touch
& our sense come alive.
A gentle kiss; an embrace from behind;
& you know that I am yours.

The burgundy sheets know us well,
they know our sporadic love
meets between their threads
when the neighbours sleep
& when spouses are away.

It is you my lover, my love,
who brings me to places I have
not been to for so long, so easily;
no walls, no barriers amongst
the maroon sea.

For it is between these burgundy sheets
that have begun to fade because of
our rubbing; the washing; the rubbing;
that we learn that love has wrapped its
arms & legs & fingers & toes
around us.

Morning has arrived & we sweat.
The window is fogged in; the cats
want out.
We still hunger for each other yet
time is up; like we are on some type
of stop watch that neither of us control.

We leave the burgundy sheets &
know that they lie touching against
each other; waiting until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment