Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lover & Best Friend

I’m up alone on nights like tonight,
my head & heart overflowing with
thoughts of you –
sweet memories fresh with passion
years in the making.
Miles & years between us have not
changed those feelings we have hid
from ourselves & others.

With you, my best friend, I am safe
& warm within your hands & arms.
Love has always been there for us,
yet not easy to have.
My heart aches with the unknown amount
of time before me –
when will we meet again?

I will dream of you & of you holding me,
the way you have for the time behind us.
I secretly pray for more time
ahead of us – when I can hold you again
& recommit my love
& passion for you.

When I close my eyes all I have is
visions of you & I replay over & over
our few precious moments that
we have shared over the years till now.
Bring me your hands & heart
& I will make mountains of memories
out of them for you.

Come to me & save me from this
heartache of passion & longing for you.
Close the distance between our worlds –
two souls so close cannot live apart as we do.
Surely no world could be so cruel.

When you come home to me,
the time & space between us will melt away,
a glacier of love will recede
& reveal the true origin of our loves extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment