Friday, November 26, 2010

The Grand Storm

Lying next to you
between rented sheets & walls –
basking in the moments between the
stormy passion of our love –
I look at you looking at me
as if you would swallow me whole.

Crooked ties, rumpled shirts & empty skirts
& pants surround the floor around us.
Framed by our gloriously messy hair
& twisted quilts; pillows spilling
over the edge.

It is within this disheveled mess
that I reach out to you,
& we pull each other close as if
we both know that our make-shift
storm of passion has only just begun.
No words be spoken –
for love is the only subject in the room.

Your hands know their way across
& through my body – open to you
like an endless ocean of love.
Your body knows that my body
is your rescue boat in our
deep sea of blankets.
Your mind knows that you need not
show a boarding pass to enter my heart.

We briefly allow ourselves enough time
to come up for air – to fill our lungs
& intoxicate ourselves with each other.
Your breath out is my breath in.
Soon we are soaked in passion
& drowning in love.

It is a grand storm of love.
Our surging waves of pleasure
make us dive back into the
blankets & twisted sheets.
We are ready to cause the next storm
of passion & ride out the
voyage of our love together.

No comments:

Post a Comment