Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Agenda

I travel to you –
another conference on the books.
A week of learning, laughing & love.
My suitcase is packed, full of
suits that I will not wear.
For I am sure that I will only be wearing you.

If time has taught us anything,
it is that I am nothing without you.
You are my best friend, my best lover,
& I cannot imagine a world without you in it.
My world, my soul & my body
would be empty without you.

When I arrive, I want you to strip me bare
& clothe me with your body.
Suits & ties will go untouched –
mouths will go unfed.
I will fill myself with you.

I can anticipate you in my mind as we
have been here before.
Another room will bear witness to our love.
Another town will never be the same for either of us.
Passionate memories will keep us coming back for more.

Each year we grow older
& each year we grow closer even though
we are apart.
Each year an agenda is carried out
& neither of us will follow it –
we both prefer the unwritten word.

When I reach to you I know that I
will not have to ask to be held close.
When I hold you I know that I
will consume you with all of my pores.
When I kiss you I know that we will have already
started to plan our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment