Friday, November 26, 2010

The Latte Factor

Hours spent on our friendship thru
the years & we have managed to accumulate
love as a result.
Enough to last the remainder
of our lifetimes together – over a cup of coffee
& stacks of pancakes.

You bring me my morning coffee –
Extra hot passion, stirred with love.
The caffeine in my drink makes my
heart speed up as if it were you
in the cup.

The hot vanilla foam
is rich in my mouth.
Its creamy texture warms my throat and skin.
Sugary sweet & I gulp it down,
as if it were you.

Your love washes thru & over me
& I savor you whole.
You are worth all the time spent.
You are worth all the pocket change & coins found.
You are worth all the burned tongues & dribbled on shirts & stains.

You are my comfort; like this latte before me.
Extra hot & smooth.
I factor that your love for me
is worth more than you think.
Little by little, day by day;
it added up fast.

I set my empty cup down
& look up at you.
We both know that we have invested wisely
in our love for each other.

You drink me in.
I swallow you whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment