Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Dirty Laundry Poem

My favourite poet
has a poem about dirty laundry.
I know its prose
as if I wrote it for you.

But I did not understand it
until today.
Today I write my own
Dirty Laundry Poem.

This is how my poem to you goes:

I feel you kiss my earlobe & neck
& I am tugging at you
& your hands are on me;
our laundry falls away -
dirty.

I collect you in my hands
& mouth;
I consume you
& we grow wet;
excited with our juices
soiled linens
stained knees.

Bare flesh 
& I am exposed to you
comfortably open;
wild with passion
the laundry accumulates -
dirty clean
clean dirty

I wear my dirty laundry home
& plunge it into hot water,
coming clean.
I wash away the bits
of you & me,
& hang it all out to dry.

The soil is removed,
deposited crust,
dribbles & spots;
gone.

My laundry is ready & clean;
take me
take me out 
take me out to our place,
hidden but open;
more dirty laundry is ready
to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment