Thursday, June 23, 2011

Technical Analysis

Without expectations or requirements,
you stood before me with open heart & hands -
although not mine for the taking.
Our needs overshadowed reality
& I found myself before you -
awaiting your touch;
awaiting salvation from my desire.

Without formality or introduction
I await your glance my way.
No analysis;
no judgement.
It was only you that put yourself before my feet -
mine for the taking.

Do not give me your technical analysis -
your sermon of right & wrong -
the poet follows her heart
& the path that leads to you;
the path that is willingly surveyed & measured
& that leads directly to my heart.

Understand me without examination;
take me for what I am;
& take me like you have had no other,
& forget all inhibitions.

Set down your pen.
Put your phone on hold.
Place your focus & hands on me.
No report will be requested.
No summary of events; opinion; or account required.
No recommendations will be made.

Between just me & you -
with no business of committee, council or board -
it was your touch that
cast reality aside.
Perhaps we need an engineered solution for our heartache -
our unfinished business -
deduced to a formula
for calculation & debate.

Do not question.
Only pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment